Noble is a small village in Sabine Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 259 at the 2000 census.
Noble is located on the KCS railroad between Bayou San Patrico and Bayou San Miguel. The settlement of this section dates back to the 1830’s. Among the oldest of the English-speaking pioneers were C. P. and Robert McDonald, Andrew Aaron, H. Litton, R. A. Rembert, Rev. J. B. Moore, Alfred Lout, John Jacobs (who lived at Brown’s Bluff).
The main road through that section ran from Grand Ecore via Pleasant Hill to Myrick’s Ferry, on Sabine River. The country was wilderness, broken by a few farms, until the early 1880s, when settlers began to come in, several hailing from DeSoto parish.
The timber industry was developed by the Trigg and Frost-Johnson Lumber companies. In his Sabine History John Belisle described Noble as being “a thrifty little town with a progressive, hospitable citizenship”. The R. L. Trigg Lumber Co. began the erection of a mill in 1899. The interest of this company was subsequently transferred to the Noble Lumber Co., who in turn sold to the Frost-Johnson Lumber Co.
Noble was chartered in March 1905 when J. P. Youngblood was mayor. The first postmaster was Newton Lewis, but the office was discontinued and was not reestablished until 1899 when W. W. Wynne was appointed. Wynne came from Mansfield and bought 22 acres of land on which a large portion of the town is located and divided it into town lots.
Public schools in Sabine Parish are operated by the Sabine Parish School Board. There are no schools in Noble and students attend campuses in neighboring communities.